Here are my 10 ways to generate customers as a car salesperson.
After watching the video, do you have some additional things that work for you? Leave them in the comments below!
- Work with the people that you already have in your database or already know. Call them back when you say you will! Only about half of salespeople (in any industry) follow-up even one time. So if you simply call people back you are better than the other 50%. Customers will appreciate a salesperson that does what they say they will do. This is the first step.
- Ask everyone that you meet for referrals. With 85% of the American population owning or buying a vehicle. In fact, I have heard that somewhere between 25% and 30% of people have referrals. You must ask the question! “Who do you know that may be in the market for a new or used car, truck, van or SUV?”
- Social Media. Brand yourself, become the local resource for people to reach out with questions.
- Online Video. I include this separate from social media in general because some will like it and some will hate it, some people are very uncomfortable doing video. You must get comfortable with video because this can have a high impact. It is a great way for people to feel more comfortable working with you because they have already seen how you carry yourself.
- Networking groups – join one. Be the resource for the group in automotive. When you become connected to other professionals you can become their “go to” person. You will start to generate more customers. Use meetup.com to find local people you can connect with!
- Hook up with a good Realtor (start with yours!). When people move into a new home, they are in buy mode. Often, when people move from out of the area, their current vehicle is not equipped with the new area they have moved into. Colorado for example, maybe someone is coming here from Georgia, and now they need a 4×4 or AWD, you get the idea.
- ALSO – Hook up with a good Insurance Agent. Same idea as the realtors. Since they insure peoples cars, you would like them to mention you when someone mentions needing a car to them. Return the favor, to be top of mind, make sure you use their insurance services for your customers as it’s may be needed.
- Create company purchase programs. Everyone wants a deal, they want the coupon. What can you offer to a business that will allow their people to feel special, do you have a value-add that you can include if someone in their company purchases from you? Create a proposal and then find the right person. Offer something without asking in return, other than the advertising to the employees. I have always had a high rate of being included in programs like this.
- Use business cards the right way. Business cards in a lot of cases are just a, “Get off the lot free” card. You should be using these proactively to promote your business.
- Volunteer in the local community for things you believe in. This is not to be self-serving. It is a way to show the content of your character. Volunteering is a great way to get into and give back to your local community. By doing so, people will learn about who you are. And often you may learn a little about yourself also.
- Be responsive. Once you have done one or more of these activities. Be responsive to the people that reach out to you. If you aren’t people will quickly figure out that you are a fake. Your efforts can be crushed very quickly because even though your potential customers may not say anything to you, you can be certain that they are saying things to other people.
Thanks for checking them out!